- A soup maker, the Traditional Soap Kal Satti lends rich texture to the food prepared in it. Try out your sambhar or rasam in this culinary antique! This stone utensil provides divine taste to the food cooked. For best aroma and flavour, prepare your soup or rasam in this authentic utensil & garnish it with cilantro!
- Serve with hot rice and savour a hearty meal!
- SIZE WEIGHT CAPACITY HEIGHT DIAMETER
- Extra Large 3 kg 2.5 - 3 Liters 4.5 inch 8.5 inch
- Large 2.6 kg 2 Liters 4 inch 8 inch
- Medium 2 kg 1.5 Liters 4 inch 7 inch
- Small 2 kg 1 Liter 3.5 inch 7 inch
- Soapstone Cookware Seasoning Methods :
- Commonly one can’t use the new soapstone cookware directly for cooking. We have to season the soapstone cookware completely and make it fit to cook. The seasoning process takes almost 10 days to finish.
- Day 1:
- Place the Kalchatti on a mat on the flat surface (table or slab)
- Clean the surface of the Kalchatti thoroughly using the newspaper or dry tissue paper.
- Pour castor oil or any edible oil , mix the turmeric powder and apply on all sides
- Add more edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- At the end of the day, oil is absorbed by Kalchatti completely
- Day 2 to Day 4:
- Repeat the first day process daily for three more days using edible oil & turmeric powder as required
- Kalchatti color changed from white to black once the oil observed completely
- Day 5:
- Remove the excess oil from the Kalchatti using newspaper or dry tissue paper
- Use the hot water to clean completely and allow it to dry it for one full day
- Day 6 to Day 9:
- For next three days pour the hot rice starch water and dip it in it for three days. Replace the hot starch water in daily basis (In-between these days don’t use the normal water or soap water, use only starch water)
- Day 10:
- Remove the kalchatti from rice starch water and wash using mild dish wash liquid. After dried Kalchatti attains dark black color now. Initially heat must be introduced to Kalchatti very slowly . So fill it up with hot water and allow it to cool slowly
- Now the Kalchatti is ready for cooking.
- Note: Don’t give sudden high heat for initial few times of cooking. Never keep empty pot on the flame directly
This collection of AntiqueVintagehub.com products is only available on this website and a few other marketplaces like Etsy, Amazon, Artfire under different distributors' accounts. Personal pick up at our retail location (In India) is not available for purchases online. In case you wish to do so, just send us a note that you are local and would like to pick up at a location.
All our Goods sold at AntiqueVintageHub.com are REPLICAs of the Antique & Vintage products. These have been carefully handcrafted by our pool of skilled artisans at Antique Vintage Hub. We strive to provide quality vintage products that will perfectly feel like an original. You will find our items to be in great to good condition, however it is important to keep in mind that a vintage item in excellent condition should not be considered brand new, although we do sell other new and brand name vintage looks within our collection. We make all our products using old/ reused teak/ mango wood as it has got more value and we can work wonders on it.
We make every attempt to accurately describe vintage item replicas by era (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's) using a combination of research as well as our own area of expertise in the vintage Industry. Since we are not the original designer or manufacturer for any of the vintage goods presented, we cannot guarantee the EXACT era/age of an item, but do our best to estimate such if we have information available. Nor can we make a promise on longevity with use. This includes but is not limited to the construction or materials and adornments presented on the product. In some cases, this information is no longer available.
We believe in re-use and that our beautiful unique items are mostly made of reused teak, mango wood so that they deserve a second chance and a brand-new life with you.